Newport Vessels NV-Series Trolling Motor Review
Last Updated on October 9th, 2020
If you are a fishing and boating enthusiast and enjoy doing the same with your family and friends over the weekend, then this might be just the product for you. Usual boating motors run on gas, which is not only a costly affair but also quite time-consuming and taxing – to change, refill, and maintain the gas.
Thus, electric motors are best for your boating trips with your friends and family, where you just sit and enjoy the trip while the motor does all the work for you.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Newport Vessels NV-Series Trolling Motor
The Newport Vessels NV-Series (62 lb motor) is one of the best trolling motors available in the market. The motor is a hand-controlled trolling motor that is compatible with both salt water as well as fresh water.
This trolling motor has a 3 blade propeller, which is almost completely silent, which makes it ideal for fishing. The transom mount is made of a durable nylon material and it has a 36-inch adjustable shaft, which means that this motor is compatible with any watercraft – small to medium range.
This trolling motor fulfills all the boating needs. Let’s look at the pros and cons of the trolling motor:
- It has a strong and sturdy fiberglass shaft.
- It comes with great LED lights, determining the battery required.
- You get a two-year manufacturer’s warranty.
- It works in salt water as well as fresh water as is equipped with corrosion resistant technology.
- The head of the motor is not waterproof.
- The speed is not stable in turbulent waters.
What Does it Have to Offer?
Newport Vessels NV-Series Trolling Motor (62 lb thrust) is a great motor for your boating and fishing needs. The motor contains:
- It has a 62 lb thrust, which, when coupled with a 12V deep cycle or marine battery, will result in a long-lasting boating and fishing experience, with the charge lasting throughout the day. The 62 lb thrust has a sufficient amount of power to keep the boat moving at a good speed throughout the day.
- The quality of the 36-inch composite Fibreglass shaft is quite sturdy and strong and provides for a clear depth placement of the trolling motor in the water. I give it 4/5.
- The trolling motor can take the boat at a pretty steady speed of 5-10 mph during the time of its usage. The motor has a total of 8 speeds in its telescoping handle, having 5 moving forwards and 3 for reverse.
- The product also comes along with a 5-Point LED Battery Meter, which gives out a bright and clear reading of the charge level. This is a good quality light since it can be visible at night time too.
- It also has an extendable handle, which is of great use if you are a person who likes operating his/her boat standing or likes fishing standing. The ergonomic extendable handles make the same easy and compatible.
- This trolling motor is great for fishing and boating experiences with family and friends as it is easy to install, does not make a lot of sound or heat up, and it does not scare away the marine and wildlife around your boat.
- Another plus point is that it is an electric motor, and thus the users completely avoid the hassles of filling gas and the pollution that the gas leakage causes to the marine environment. Thus, it is a pretty good trolling motor for fishing and recreational purposes. The experience is very peaceful; thus, I will give it a rating of 4/5.
- The Newport Vessels NV-Series Trolling Motor (62 lb thrust) functions well in salt water as well as fresh water, and also when the water is slightly turbulent. This is due to the fact that corrosion resistant technology is used on the motor. That’s why I give it 4/5.
- It is not as fast as motors that run on gasoline, but it is good for my use, and thus I give it a rating of 3/5.
- Considering it is a boating device and it is bound to come in contact with water, it is recommended to buy a waterproof sheet to cover the motor, to save it from being spoilt, as the same is not waterproof. But, the company provides a two-year manufacturing warranty that takes care of any defect or damage to the product and repairs or replaces the product if you encounter any defects.
- Overall, this product is a sturdy and well-functioning product, which is pretty decent for fishing and other recreational activities on the boat, and for that, it fits all my needs, and I give it 4/5.
Is this the Right Choice for You?
Now the question is, which is the best product according to its price and its quality, in short, which would give you the value for your money. The Newport Vessels NV-Series (62 lb motor) is the right answer to it.
Considering its price as compared to the other trolling motors, the Newport Vessels NV-Series (62 lb motor) provides the same services and built quality as compared to all of its competitors as well as its variations in the market.
This is a great product for fishing enthusiasts as well as rookies, who want some leisure time with family on the boat, as it is easy to fit and operate, as well as works nonstop for hours with ease.
Thus, you can just sit back and relax with a couple of beers with your buddies, while the motor does most of the work. This trolling motor also comes with other thrust variations, bigger as well as smaller; thus, it should be purchased according to the size and the needs of the person’s boat, cause if you end up buying a smaller thrust variant for a huge boat, it won’t operate well on it.
There are a few alternative electric trolling motors in the market which more or less are of the same design and perform the same function, but are available at various price ranges depending upon their brand, model, date of release, and production.
1. Newport Vessels X-Series Trolling Motor
There are several variations of the brand Newport Vessels, such as the Newport Vessels X-Series Trolling Motor and several other lower and upper thrust variations and colors of the trolling motor in the market.
2. AQUOS Haswing Cayman White Trolling Motor
Apart from Newport Vessels, there are brands such as the AQUOS Haswing Cayman White Trolling Motor, which has a wireless remote control to control the speed and direction of your boat, but just that feature will cost you hundreds of dollars, and for me, it’s not worth paying that amount for remote control facility.
3. Minn Kota Edge Bow Mount Foot Control Trolling Motor
Further, we can see the Minn Kota Edge Bow Mount Foot Control Trolling Motor. This motor is similar in most of the aspects to the Newport Vessels NV-Series Trolling Motor (62 lb thrust), but has a longer, more adjustable handle to it, for better rotation facilities, and is also much costlier than the Newport Vessels NV-Series Trolling Motor (62 lb thrust).
- Newport Vessels Kayak Series Trolling Motor Review
- Newport Vessels L-Series Trolling Motor Review
- Newport Vessels X-Series Trolling Motor Review
Thus, in conclusion, I found the Newport Vessels NV-Series Trolling Motor (62 lb thrust) to be a product that provides value for the price we pay for it and is one of the best trolling motors available in the market today as compared to its competitors.
This product is sturdy and environmentally friendly, which will function without any issues throughout the day, and thus, I recommend you to buy this product.