Last Updated on July 15th, 2021
You don’t need a trolling motor with extremely high thrust variations and several different attractive attachments on it to use it for boating and fishing purposes. The main features a trolling motor should essentially have are a good thrust, a powerful motor, and simplicity in usage. You can get all of these qualities in the Watersnake Venom Swet Electric Trolling Motor.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Watersnake Venom Swet Electric Trolling Motor
- Features and Benefits
- Things to Consider Before Buying a Trolling Motor
- Bottom Line
Watersnake Venom Swet Electric Trolling Motor
- STURDY SIMPLE DESIGN: Our Watersnake Venom SXW electric motors provide saltwater anglers with a versatile range of tiller-steer transom-mount motors that are loaded with clever features. The shafts on...
- CONTROL + FEATURES: The 34lb motors have a two-blade propeller. The 54lb motors each run a three-blade propeller. All propeller shafts are stainless steel and the props have a weedless design, so you...
- ELECTRIC POWER: 54 lbs thrust, 12 Volt motor, 13-54 Amps / 34 lbs thrust, 12 volt motor, 7.5-34 amps. Battery Not Included. Each motor is suited to boats ranging from small tenders and tinnies up to...
- VERSATILE TRANSOM MOUNT: The compact and stylish new Venom motor head design incorporates a new thicker ergonomic grip for the tiller handle. The new head design also includes a digital voltage meter...
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEE: Necessity is the mother of invention. Created by anglers to be used by anglers. If you’re not satisfied with your Watersnake Electric Motor, contact your distributor to be...
The Watersnake Venom Swet Electric Trolling Motor (55lb) is extremely compatible and easy to install, and thus great for first-time users. This motor has a clean and elegant design to it, thus adding to the look of your boat. The simple and sturdy design gives you a strong and powerful motor to take care of all your boating and fishing needs throughout the day.
The 55lb thrust variant is powerful enough even to push bigger boats in salt as well as fresh water. Overall it is a good motor for all the boating needs.
- 3 stainless steel propellers can help in de-weeding and can function for hours without stopping.
- Erosion free material is used in the shaft, so it can be used in salt as well as fresh water, providing optimum usage.
- It has a good battery life that lasts throughout the day with ease.
- It has a manufacturer’s warranty and thus can be replaced with assurance if any defect is there in the goods.
- The tilt control and steering handling is different from that which has been shown in the user manual, took some time to get used to it.
- Changing speeds can get a bit rusty when the water gets slightly turbulent.
- The motor does vibrate excessively at certain times when the battery is running out, and it is running at high speed.
- The motorhead is not water-resistant and needs a cover.
Features and Benefits
The build and design of Watersnake Venom Swet Electric Trolling Motor (54lb thrust) is quite good. It has a simple and elegant white color to it and has a quite sturdy built, which will keep the motor damage-free and will keep it working without hindrances.
The shaft is made of special corrosion-resistant material for keeping it rust-resistant and can be used extensively in salt water too. Along with the clean design, it is also accompanied by an LED battery reader, near the head of the electric motor, which gives a clear indication of the battery requirements of the motor.
The Watersnake Venom Swet Electric Trolling Motor (54lb thrust) has an extendable telescopic handle to it, for maximum comfort and usage of the trolling motor. The trolling motor also has 3 stainless steel propellers, which are sharp enough to cut through seaweeds and other plants, and thus can be used nonstop for several hours at a time, without any hindrances.
3. Power and Usage
It gives great usage throughout the day at different speeds ranging from 5 forward to 3 reverse speeds available, which can be handled through the telescopic handle throttle, which has a good grip to it, to enhance the comfort and compatibility of the user. Power it with a 12V battery, and it will give you good usage for several hours.
The Watersnake Venom Swet Electric Trolling Motor (54lb thrust) gives a pretty long-lasting and satisfactory performance, with the motor running for several hours without stopping or heating up. Thus, this motor is an optimum electric motor for fishing and boating activities in fresh as well as salt water.
It is great for fishing activities as it does not make too much noise or heat up and thus does not alert fishes. Further, the motor has good speed and can go slow as well as fast according to the speed adjusted through the telescopic handle provided.
Overall it gives a good performance. It works well with a 12V battery, giving it sufficient power to run throughout the day. In essence, the performance of this product is great.
5. Built Quality
It has quite a sturdy and elegant built quality. The model is made of erosion free material, for it to function in salt water. It also has 3 stainless steel propellers for seaweed to not get stuck in the propellers. One major con of this product is that the motorhead is not waterproof, and water can seep in if not taken care of. An additional cover is recommended to keep the motor safe.
The Watersnake Venom Swet Electric Trolling Motor (54lb thrust) is extremely compatible with an adjustable handle and a good grip, giving comfort and optimum usage while adjusting direction and speed.
The handle controls are a bit different from certain motors. Thus it will take time to lay your hands on it. Further, the speed adjustments get slightly hard once the charge is low, and the water is turbulent but runs really smoothly otherwise.
As compared to other electronic trolling motors in the market, the Watersnake Venom Swet Electric Trolling Motor (54lb) thrust is available at an extremely reasonable price and has more or less the same features all the other expensive electric trolling motors provide, thus on this point it is a complete steal for me.
Things to Consider Before Buying a Trolling Motor
There are certain things that should be considered before you purchase a trolling motor. You needs to check:
- If the trolling motor is compatible with your boat or kayak.
- If the trolling motor can be used in saltwater.
- How much charge does the trolling motor require to function.
- The thrust variant required according to your boat.
As compared to the other electric motors, the Watersnake Venom Swet Electric Trolling Motor (54lb) is available at a much lower price and offers similar features, but it is preferable to know the price and difference of the other motors in the market to make an informed purchase.
1. MinnKota Edge Bow Mount Foot Control Trolling Motor
MinnKota Edge Bow Mount Foot Control Trolling Motor is an alternative, which is at a similar price range. It cannot be operated in salt water and is a foot control trolling motor without any hand control, which makes it inconvenient for some users.
2. AQUOS Haswing Cayman Bow Mount Electric Trolling Motor
Then there is the AQUOS Haswing Cayman Bow Mount Electric Trolling Motor, which comes with a remote control facility. This product has extremely similar features other than the remote-control facility but is provided at a much higher price.
3. PEXMOR Electric Trolling Motor (86lb thrust)
Then there are other variations and thrust sizes of trolling motors available in the market of several brands such as the PEXMOR Electric Trolling Motor (86lb thrust), which has 10 LED lights to determine the charge and battery needs and has a higher, more powerful thrust to it.
The Watersnake Venom Swet Electric Trolling Motor (54lb) is a great trolling motor for first-time users as well as those people who just require a simple and elegant trolling motor for their basic boating and fishing needs.
This trolling motor has a great design, is sturdy, and is powerful enough to push your boat throughout the day, which makes it a good purchase for occasional as well as regular boaters.