Owning a home is no mean feat. Besides the financial part of it, there are so many mechanisms in and around the house that you need to take care of.
These bits are sometimes not so obvious and we tend to forget them or overlook minor problems.
One such part of the household is the plumbing system on which home appliances like the washing machine is dependent on.
If you see that it is not working properly, chances are there is something wrong with the water pressure in the system.
To monitor and analyze the situation, you need a water pressure checking device. This will tell you if the water force is too high or too low. Both extremes can pose problems or indicate problems that are already there.
You can save yourself from a flooded home or a non-functioning filter system by installing a water pressure gauge.
Table of Contents
Water pressure gauge Research
There are many brands to choose from but you must decide whether you need one for industrial or household purposes.
Other factors need to be considered before you buy the best water pressure gauge. Read on this article on the top-quality ones so that you know which to choose.
My Top Pick
Rain Bird P2A Water Pressure Test Gauge
The compact gauge measures 3.5 inches high and 2 inches wide. Made with high-quality materials, it will last a lifetime.
The pressure readings can be read comfortably off the clear display.
Water Pressure Gauge Comparison
|Water Gauge||Name||Our Rating||Price|
|Rain Bird P2A Water Pressure Test Gauge||5 out of 5|
|Super Pro 80960BU Pool Spa Filter Water Pressure Gauge||5 out of 5|
|Parts2O TC2104 Well Pump Pressure Gauge||4.5 out of 5|
|LDR 020 9645 Pressure Gauge||4.5 out of 5|
|Watts 0950200 DP IWTG Water Pressure Test Gauge||4 out of 5|
Water pressure tester
A water pressure gauge measures the force of water with which it is distributed throughout a plumbing system.
This device consists of a dial to indicate the water pressure, a piece of hosepipe, and a threaded nut to connect it to a tap.
Below are the benefits of having a water pressure gauge installed in your house plumbing system-
1. Checking The Water Pressure:
You need a water pressure gauge to check if the force of the water is alright for the plumbing system in your home.
Water from our sink, bathtub, washing machine, and home appliances flow through the plumbing system.
2. Avoiding Damages:
When the water pressure is too high or too low, the home appliances will not work properly.
They might even become damaged. A water pressure gauge will show you the correct (or incorrect!) reading of the water pressure in the system.
3. Preventing Accidents:
Moreover, high water pressure can be tough on the plumbing lines. It may lead to blowouts in your washing machine hose, for example.
This will, in turn, flood your home. A low water pressure indicates that the filter in your filter system is clogged.
Hence, to avoid accidents and an overflowing plumbing system, you need to have a water line pressure gauge.
My 10 Best Water Pressure Gauge Favorites
1. Rain Bird P2A Water Pressure Test Gauge
- For water pressure measuring in the irrigation system, house etc
- 2-1/2″ dial size, 3/4” female hose thread adapter attaches directly to faucet or hose
- Pressure range: 0-200psi/kpa double scale
- Black steel case, brass wetted parts, dry
- Accuracy: +/-3-2-3%
The key to a safe house lies in giving attention to minor details.
With this water pressure gauge, you can be safe from flooding or leakage in the plumbing system.
For putting sprinklers in your garden or farm, use this device to check the pressure.
It will help you determine the number of sprinklers you need per zone. Thus, you can design an efficient irrigation system by ensuring there is no wastage of water.
At home, you can have this permanent water pressure gauge attached directly to your outdoor faucet or hose. Installation is easy with the female thread adapter measuring 3/4th inches.
The compact gauge measures 3.5 inches high and 2 inches wide. Made with high-quality materials, it will last a lifetime. The pressure readings can be read comfortably off the clear display.
With a pressure range from 0 to 200 PSI, get the most accurate reading of water pressure on this small but useful device.
Use it to check the water pressure of your plumbing system once a year. If it reads between 50-60 PSI, then all is well, as most plumbers swear by this range.
Be careful at the time of installation. Many users have complained about the gauge filling in with water.
The problem lies in the way the rubber washer is inserted. If you put it between the stem of the device and the top of the mount, it will seal the sides and prevent any leakage.
- Made of high-quality materials for durability.
- It allows reading of pressure range between 0 and 200 PSI.
- Easy-to-read and clear display.
- 3/4th inches female thread adapter for easy installation.
- Ensures a correct way to design a waste-free irrigation system.
More water pressure meters
2. Super Pro 80960BU Pool Spa Filter Water Pressure Gauge
Most households have the water line pressure measuring device and you should have one too.
This device gives you a reading of up to 60 PSI, making it perfect for home use. With a 2-inch dial, you can easily read the markings indicating the water pressure in the system.
You can put it on your pool filter with its easy to install features. The construction of this water force gauge is metal with a plastic dial.
The mount has a sideways orientation fits almost all types of filter. Its bottom is made of brass, ensuring you of durability and anti-corrosion properties.
The side mount may let water in during the rainy season. So, it’s advised to seal at the bottom as this is placed horizontally.
However, the readings of the force of water are accurate as the dial does not get foggy due to moisture. With the changing pressure, the needle may move up and down but settles down quickly to show the correct PSI.
With this meter, you can also read the pressure on your tires. Attach it to a portable compressor if you need to. When you turn on the compressor, the needle of the pressure gauge will jump up and down. Once you turn the compressor off, the needle will settle down to indicate the current pressure.
Overall, it offers good value for money.
- It reads from 0 to 60 PSI.
- Suitable for household use in pool filter or outdoor hose.
- Metal body with a plastic dial.
- Horizontal orientation with side mount.
- Mount bottom made of brass to resist corrosion.
Water pressure measurement
3. Parts2O TC2104 Well Pump Pressure Gauge
What could be better than one device checking both pump performance and water pressure!
Install this pressure gauge in either your jet or submersible pump to monitor if it’s working fine. Measuring the pressure of water from 0 to 100 PSI, this is a good bargain well worth your time.
The connection thread has a size of 0.25 inches. The brass fitting of the mount is resistant to corrosion and sturdy. The housing and the lens are made from good-quality plastic to last for a long time.
With threads of two different sizes, it is easy to install. Use or remove the bushing to fit into the size you need. If you add some waterproof tape to the threads before installing, you are sure to get a moisture-free dial even during the rainy season.
It’s easy to read the numbers as well as the markings on the dial. Competitor products do not have the numbers printed very clearly. You can read them even from a distance.
Get more from this water pressure gauge instead of wearing out your pumps. This is the best water pressure gauge to get an efficient watering system with sprinklers for your lawn.
As it can be installed with a submersible pump, you can pay attention to whether you have too many or too few sprinklers working for your garden.
- old and clear numbers that can be read from a distance.
- Suitable for jet and submersible pumps.
- Checks both pump performance and water pressure.
- Ideal for optimum usage of water sprinklers.
- Two sizes of threads with bushing for easy installation.
4. LDR 020 9645 Pressure Gauge
- 3/4-Inch NPT
- 200 lb. pressure
- For use with water only
- ANSI B2.1 for pipe threads and ANSI B2.4 hose threads
- CSA Approved
Have you ever been paying an excessive amount of water bill?
Maybe it’s time for you to check the water pressure in your home.
With a device like this, you can check the rise and fall in the force of water that runs through the plumbing system.
This pressure of water also enables appliances like the washing machine and dishwasher to function properly.
You can attach this product comfortably in one of your outdoor faucets or hose. With a 3/4th-inch thread, installation is simple. It can read a pressure range from 0 to 200 PSI, making it the apt pressure reader for both home and industrial use.
Do note that this gauge is meant for use with water only. With solid construction, you may expect to see it for a long time in your home.
Before installation, you might want to use tape to ensure water doesn’t seep inside the dial and make it foggy in the monsoon.
You can connect the device to the pipe that’s closest to the main water source. After you turn on the tap with full pressure, the gauge will show you the correct pressure reading.
The red limit needle is manually adjustable and indicates the maximum pressure.
To prevent any dirt or sediment from getting inside the device, it is better to drain some water from the connection. This is particularly applicable in the case of a hot water pressure gauge.
- Reduces water bills through efficiency.
- 3/4th-inch thread for ease of installation.
- Pressure reading ranges from 0 to 200 PSI.
- Suitable for use with water only.
- Adjustable red limit needle to show the maximum pressure reading.
Home water pressure gauge
5. Watts 0950200 DP IWTG Pressure Test Gauge
- Tests water supply pressures within a distribution system with red indicator hands that hold at the highest reading registered for detection of thermal expansion pressure surges
- Features a black enamel steel case, Kostil Polymer windows, 3/4 inch H.T. hose connections, and copper alloy Bourdon tube sensing elements
- Easily determines incoming water pressure from your garden hose
- Water pressure test gauge with maximum working pressure of 200 psi (13.8 bar) with a working temperature of 40°F – 140°F (4°C – 60°C)
- The dimensions are 4.0 inches H x 2.5 inches L and weighs roughly 0.3 lbs.
If you want to double-check the water pressure reading provided by your local utility company, get a water line pressure gauge in your home.
This product will give you pressure readings from 0 to 200 PSI. With a 3/4th-inch female connector, attach it to your outside faucet. Once you turn the faucet on, you will see the right pressure of water on the dial.
While the black needle shows you the current pressure, the red one is supposed to show you the maximum pressure the system reaches over time.
However, the red needle in this product is a bit flimsy and bounces up and down. It takes a while to settle down for you to get the right reading.
You could leave this overnight to find out the maximum pressure. Although the differential you could get from this device is a maximum of 20 PSI, this is okay for household purposes.
Users have mentioned that the red needle shows a reading that’s way higher than it actually is.
Although this water pressure gauge fits well with a standard hose bib without any leaks, you might consider using some tape before installation. This will ensure water doesn’t get inside the gauge.
With a clear face on the dial, you can read the readings without any difficulty. You can use this to check the performance of your pump as well.
- It gives pressure readings from 0 to 200 PSI.
- 3/4th-inch female connector for simple installation.
- It can be left overnight for reading maximum pressure bumps.
- A clear dial for easy display of readings.
- Suitable for checking pump performance.
Digital water pressure gauge
6. Flow Doctor Water Pressure Gauge Kit
- DISCOVER THE ONLY WATER PRESSURE GAUGE KIT YOU WILL EVER NEED. High Quality Glycerin Filled, 0 to 14 Bar, Standard 3/4 GHT (Garden Hose Thread) for all standard outdoor Patio Fixtures, RV Lines,…
- MEASURE EVERYWHERE. Quick Connect Adapter for Snap Fit quick Release Systems: Meter Regular and pressure Water Hoses, Sprinkler Systems, Irrigation, Garden Hose Tools, Watering Devices (guns and…
- SPECIAL 1/2″ ADAPTER. All Purpose 1/2″ Standard Pipe Adapter for testing threaded House, Building, Shower, Water Tank, Hot Water Heater, Pump, Booster, Well, Boiler, Rv Water, Waterer, Sprinkler…
- UNIQUE STOP VALVE ADAPTER. Measure at Sinks, Toilets, Basins, Dishwashers and Angle Valves. TWO TUBIN ADAPTERS. (1/4″ and 3/8”) for outlets that feed the Refrigerator Water Filter, Aquarium, Ice…
- BUILD TOUGH AND DURABLE. Black Steel Casing with All Copper Attachment. Liquid Filled Easy to Read Double Dial. Precise Markings. Four unit Readout. 100% FULL 1 YEAR EXTENDED MONEY BACK GUARANTEE.
A foolproof solution to all your water pressure management issues can be taken care of with this complete pressure gauge kit.
No matter where you want to fix this device, you have the necessary accessories to do so in a matter of minutes.
The ¾ garden hose thread is a standard size so that you can use it in your garden hoses, patio fixtures, washing machine outlets, indoor or outdoor faucets.
With five adapters, you will have no hassle at all to fit this in multiple locations and varied situations. The adapter is a quick-connect type that snap-fits anywhere, giving you the ultimate flexibility.
The adapter measures ½ inches and can be used both as a hot and cold water pressure gauge. That’s because it fits any hot water heater, water tank, shower, booster, well, boiler, irrigation system, bathtub, and all kinds of supply and pipelines.
Included in the package are two Tubing adapters – ¼ and 3/8 inches.
These are specifically for outlets for your fridge water filter, drinking water purifiers, aquariums, water treatment, sprinkler systems for the garden, and a whole lot of other appliances.
Also suitable for ice makers, this freeze proof water pressure gauge is truly a blessing for all homeowners and plumbers.
The construction material of black steel casing makes this device a durable one. Plus, the copper attachment is also there to last a long time. With a double dial, you can read the pressure markings easily.
- Multiple locations and settings usage with 5 adapters.
- Anti-freeze and a sturdy steel build for durability.
- Plumbers water pressure gauge with dual dial for more options.
- Two Tubin adapters for specific appliances.
- Standard size ¾ garden hose thread.
Accurate water pressure gauge
7. Aquatix Pro Pool Filter Pressure Gauge
- CLEAR AND ACCURATE: Aquatix Pro Pool Pressure Gauge Provides Accurate Readings of Filter Pressure Pump from 0 to 60 PSI.
- PREMIUM BUILD: Strong Brass Fitting Built for Endurance and Rugged Conditions. Buy Once and Never Look Back!
- EASY TO USE: Easy to Install, 2″ Dial, Bottom Mount 1/4″, Works with Most Major Brands with Suitable Connection.
- MANY USES: Ideal to Use for Swimming Pools, Spas, Hot Tubs, Aquariums and any Other Water Systems.
- OUR PROMISE: We go the extra mile to ensure you are fully satisfied with your purchase. With the Aquatix Pro satisfaction promise you get one year warranty on all our products. If you are not…
Worried about how to check the pool water pressure? Don’t be!
This water pressure monitor will keep an eye on the pool, hot tub, spa, aquarium, or any other water pumping system.
You will get clear and correct reading every time on the dial of this device. It gives you the pressure range reading from 0 to 60 PSI, making it the right choice for your home.
Using premium materials for the construction, this product is hardy and will withstand rugged conditions. The brass fitting won’t let rust get the better of it.
The bottom of the mount is 1/4th inches, making it easy for installation in almost all types of standard connections. The 2-inch glass dial shows the pressure markings and numbers clearly.
This water pressure gauge will keep your swimming pool maintained well so that you can keep the overall costs at a minimum.
Before installation, you’re advised to use tape to seal off the edges. This will keep any water from getting into the gauge and protect it during the rains. Also, it works better if placed in a vertical position.
Another important feature of this pressure gauge is that it is anti-freeze. Hence, it works well even in freezing temperatures.
Your entire household filter system can depend on this product for monitoring accurate water force at both the inlet and outlet.
- Glass dial for easy reading of pressure.
- 1/4th inches mount bottom fits most connectors.
- Cuts down swimming pool maintenance costs.
- Anti-freeze feature for extremely cold regions.
- Hardy build to withstand rugged conditions.
A few more pressure gauges for water
8. Silverline 482913 Mains Water Force Test Gauge
- Accurately measures mains water pressure
- Helps Diagnose & locate plumbing problems
- Compatible with most standard domestic, garden & washing-machine taps
If you can’t figure out how that puddle of water that ended up near your washing machine, try using this pressure gauge to avoid such hazards.
Excellent for pinpointing and analyzing plumbing plights, this gauge for measuring water pressure in your home can save you a lot of money and hassle. It gives you precise readings so that you can address any issues immediately.
You can get a range of pressure readings from 0 to 160 PSI. It is great for use at home.
Pick either a washing machine or your garden tap or any other tap in your home. This product will fit in without a hitch with its universal compatibility.
It has a 300-millimeter stainless steel hose that’s flexible and durable. In addition, it is resistant to corrosion.
For keeping your home safe and secure from burst pipes and flooded floors, this could be perfect water pressure gauge you can get.
The connector is a standard ¾-inch and the bore diameter measures 9 millimeters. Built from good quality materials, this device promises to last for a long time. With a good quality seal, it is resistant to moisture and water going inside.
When you use the pressure gauge, you must remember to keep the hose straight.
Otherwise, a bent hose will have more pressure and you will not get the accurate reading.
- It provides pressure readings from 0 to 160 PSI.
- A standard ¾-inch connector for compatibility.
- Durable and made from good quality materials.
- Resists moisture and water with a quality seal.
- Flexible and braided 300-millimeter stainless steel hose.
Water pressure monitor
9. M MINGLE Pressure Washer Gauge Kit
- Pressure gauge for pressure washer is easy to read and it is minimized vibration for accurate readings. The reading of Pressure washer test gauge is up to 6000 PSI.
- Universal power washer pressure gauge is designed to fit most brands and models of pressure washer.
- Inline pressure washer gauge has 3/8 inch quick connect socket and plug.
- Quick Connect the power washer gauge between pressure washer hose and pump.
- M MINGLE is professional on Pressure Washer Accessory and always stand behind our products, please free to contact us if any questions.
If you are on the lookout for a heavy-duty water pressure monitor, then you could try out this product.
With a reading that goes from 0 to 6,000 PSI, this is a device that is cut out for more than just household usage.
You need to pay special attention to the installation process. It needs to be attached vertically. The top of the cap must be cut off after you have installed this device successfully.
This has been designed specially so that it is not affected by vibrations. Thus, it gives you accurate readings all the time. With a steady needle, there will be none of the bouncings that you may have experienced with other brands.
Designed to fit most standard pressure washer brands, this gauge is easy to install. Use the 3/8th-inch socket and plug to connect safely and quickly by placing it between the hose and the pump.
Made from stainless steel and brass, this water pressure gauge kit will give you more bang for the buck than competitor products. Its durability has been vouched for by users.
Users who have used this device with high pressure have been satisfied. They have mentioned that its connections are well-sealed and do not budge even under high pressures.
Use this test gauge with various nozzles and you are sure to get a consistent reading with all of them.
- Suitable for high-pressure measurements.
- Pressure reading between 0 and 6000 PSI.
- 3/8th-inch connector for easy attachment.
- Stainless and brass construction for durability.
- A steady needle resistant to vibrations for accurate readings.
Professional water pressure gauge
10. CARBO Instruments 2-1/2″ Pressure Gauge
- EASY TO Read 2- 1/2″ Pressure Gauge , Brass Connection – Lower Mount
- Red Pointer with Brass Nob
- Dual Scale: psi / bar with kPa guidance
- Burdong tube type, Brass and Copper Alloy Wetted Parts
- 3/4” female hose thread adapter quickly attaches to outside faucet or hose
Monitor the pressure of water in the plumbing system of your home to avoid issues that can arise from too high or too low pressure.
This pressure test gauge measures only 2-1/2-inch and yet, it comes to great service. You can connect this easily with its lower mount and brass connections.
It is easy to read the pressure markings from the clear dial.
The red pointer has a brass knob and the double scale tells you the reading in both BAR and PSI.
Brass and copper alloy materials have been used in the construction so that it resists corrosion and lasts for a long time. The black plastic case is weather-resistant for durability. It’s a Bourdon type of water pressure gauge and is easier to read.
Attach this easily to your outdoor hosepipe or faucet with the help of the female thread adapter. This adapter has a standardized measurement of ¾-inch.
Thanks to its accurate pressure readings, you can design and plan your irrigation system efficiently. It will give you the right indication of how many sprinklers you need.
It will also tell you when you are running too few or too many sprinklers. Hence, you can save money with efficient use of water.
Before installing this water pressure meter, you might like to use tape around it to seal it off. This will prevent any moisture from getting inside and making the dial foggy.
- Gives pressure readings in both BAR and PSI.
- A clear dial for easy display and reading.
- Red indicator with a brass knob.
- Built with brass and copper alloy for durability.
- A standard adapter of 3/4-inch included for easy installation.
How To Choose The Best Water Pressure Gauge
There are many factors involved in the working of a water pipe pressure gauge. Therefore, you need to consider some points carefully before you buy water pressure test gauge. Read on to know the details.
The materials used in the water pressure test gauge will determine its durability. You would obviously want one that lasts a long time without needing any replacement.
A standard water pressure gauge has a plastic construction with a plastic window. It has a brass connection. Most households have this type.
But there are ones made with stainless steel, copper connections, and polycarbonate lens. These are higher-end ones.
Some heavy-duty water pressure gauges may have pressure and vibration protection.
You must decide on the purpose of installing a water pressure gauge. It should offer you a range of pressure that’s good enough for you.
While some pressure gauges can give you a reading between 0 to 60 PSI or 0 to 4 BAR, others can go up to 200 PSI or 14 BAR.
If you’re installing one at home, a reading range within 100 PSI or 7 BAR will be enough. For industrial use, you need water pressure gauges kit suitable for readings of up to 200 PSI or 14 BAR.
Size Of Mount
The size of the mount is measured by the size of the threaded connection. First, you should know where you want to install the water pressure gauge. It should fit the size of the pipe or object.
The standard size of the mount is 0.25 inches in most houses. But you can also get 0.5 and 0.75 inches of the mount.
It’s ideal to get an adapter with the plumbing pressure gauge to save you from the hassle of worrying about the size.
Type Of Gauge Readings
A crucial factor when considering to buy a water pressure measuring device, you must take note of the types available.
Some pressure gauge show readings either in PSI (pound per square inch) or in BAR (equivalent to atmospheric pressure at sea level). Other types show both.
Then there is the digital format which is the easiest form of reading the water force.
Another type is lazy-needle. It’s a red needle that shows the highest point of pressure. It’s most often used by homeowners and plumbers.
The duplex type of water pressure gauge has two dials. These show readings in BAR and PSI. The dials may also show temperature apart from the water pressure.
The liquid-filled type of pressure gauge is the top quality water pressure gauge for durability.
They show the accurate readings even in extreme weather conditions, high-pressure atmosphere, and with the thickest elements. This type of water force monitor is useful for heavy-duty circumstances.
Water pressure gauge types
There are basically two types of water pressure test gauge based on the shape of the tubes. The manometer is also called the U-tube. While the second type is bourdon tube gauge.
1. U-Tube (Manometer)
This type of water pressure gauge has a small U-shaped tube in it filled with liquid. When there’s pressure on either of the two sides of the device, the liquid in the U-tube rises on either one of the two sides.
You can read the pressure reading by the marking of the tube.
2. Bourdon Tube
This type of water pressure gauge has a dial with a needle.
The needle points at the current pressure and you can read it from the dial. You can install it on a tank to check the water force and see if the pump is working right.
The Bourdon tube type water pressure gauge is used in the water filter system as well. It can monitor the pressure entering and exiting the system.
The mechanism of this type of water pressure gauge is based on a sealed tube in the inside. When the force of air or liquid enters the device, the curved tube begins to fill out like a balloon being pumped with air.
With the straightening of the tube, it activates the gear of the device and the needle starts to move. This is the easier of the two types of water line pressure gauge.
Residential water pressure gauge
Here are some top rated pressure test gauge brands that you can go for.
An American company founded in 1933, Rain Bird is the leading manufacturer in the world of irrigation products and services.
The company has more than 450 patented technologies.
The privately held company believes in providing high-value goods and services, free from any fault. They aim to meet and exceed customer expectations.
The inception of this company dates back to the late 1800s. After ownership changed hands from the founder, the parent company evolved to the current one in 2003.
In 2002, the form of the family-owned business changed to a publicly-traded company. The organization is now focused on creating and providing water-related solutions.
This company is based in Kansas and prides itself on integrity, reliability, quality work, and seamless communication. Their products and services pay close attention to details.
Competitively priced, the organization looks beyond customer service. They strive to build lasting relationships. They offer a wide range of services and are on call 24/7.
This company operates with the promise to keep the environment clean and to create safe and environment-friendly products.
With this vision in sight, the organization has developed pool products that keep the pools hygienic and clean all the time. The R&D team works hard to innovate new and better products.
Established in 1978, Silverline offers great value in its wide range of tools and other products. ISO 9000 certified, the company has high ratings on the quality of their products.
Dedicated to quality and safety, Silverline is a trusted brand across the UK and Europe. They have over 5000 products manufactured globally.
Water pressure gauge FAQ
1. How Do I Use A Water Pressure Gauge?
Answer: First, turn off all the taps at home – sprinklers, washing machines, dishwashers. Otherwise, you will not get an accurate measurement.
Next, you must attach the pressure gauge to an outdoor tap or end of the hosepipe. If there is no hose with your water pressure gauge, there will a thread to make the connection.
The final step is to turn on the tap on full pressure. Notice where the needle settles down to get a correct reading. Remember that the red needle shows you the maximum pressure over time.
2. How Do I Check The Water Pressure In My Home?
Answer: If you live in the city, ask the local utility office to give a reading of the water pressure in your home.
The ideal reading is from 45 to 55 PSI. If you live in an independent house where you do not use the city water, you have to read the pressure yourself.
In that case, connect your water pressure gauge kit to a water spigot outside your home. When you turn on the tap, your gauge will instantly show you the water pressure reading.
3. What Is the Ideal Water Pressure In A House?
Answer: Ideally, the water pressure in your home should not go beyond 60 PSI. the normal pressure in the inlet to your house varies between 40 to 45 PSI. You will find that the pressure regulator has been pre-set to 50 PSI.
However, just turn the screw to adjust the pressure anywhere between 25 and 75 PSI.
4. How Can You Address A Too High Or Low Pressure?
Answer: If your pressure gauge reading shows that the pressure is too high, make a tiny leak to permit the excess water to drain from the system. If left unattended, pipes can burst and overflow your home.
On the other hand, if the pressure is too low, check the tank and the filter system for leakage. Change the filter if it is clogged. Otherwise, it will stop the water from flowing through the system.
5. Can Pressure Gauges Read Negative?
Answer: Yes, sometimes you may get a negative reading on your water pressure gauge. Such reading hints at a problem because normal readings start from 0 and go up to a positive number only.
A negative reading means your pressure test gauge is not functioning.
It could also mean it is drawing on a vacuum. Such a vacuum pulls down the needle because the Bourdon tube becomes more curved instead of filling out.
Water pressure meter my Final Words
Now that you know the importance of having a water pressure test gauge in your home, waste no time in getting one.
It will save you tons of money, headache, and heartache. After all, you spent a lot of money buying your home. You need to take care of it too!
A simple device like the water pipe pressure gauge can be easily installed in your home. Check it once a year to be extra sure that the water pressure is at its optimum.
On the first signs of a leakage or a clogged filter, check the water pressure gauge immediately.
With user reviews on a host of brands and some deep research, this article was put together with only the top ones in mind.
Hope it will help you choose the best water pressure gauge for your home. Here’s to a safe and sound home and work environment!