Wilderness Systems has made a mark in the boating industry by producing some of the best kayaks for everyone. Whether you want a recreational or sports kayak, you can find them in the collection line of this brand.
For example, the Wilderness Systems Tsunami 125 vs 145 are two popular models that most people want to use for their water activities.
As a result, they want to know what makes each of these kayaks different in their functionalities.
Table of Contents
Wilderness Systems Tsunami 125 vs 145
In this article, we will discuss these two kayaks. Here is what you should learn about the two kayaks:
Wilderness Systems Tsunami 125
The Wilderness Systems Tsunami 125 is designed as a sit-inside kayak with a roomy cockpit. It comes with thigh pads, adjustable foot braces, Phase 3 seat.
The premium kayak ensures that you experience overall comfort. It tracks well, fast, and maintains stability.
Beginners and intermediate kayakers like this model because they can easily control and maneuver it.
The model comes in three colors that can fit your preferences. As a result, you can pick a color that suits you better
Benefits of using Wilderness Systems Tsunami 125
- Well-organized cockpit
- Highly adjustable seat
- fast on the water
- Easy to handle
- Plenty of dry storage space
- Size: 12ft 9in (L) x 26in (W) x 15in (H)
- It has comfortable Phase 3 seat
- The cockpit is adjustable
- Handy mesh deck pockets
- Well-designed and spacious storage hatches
- Strong and versatile bungee-rigging
- Light kayak
Large users may not like the cockpit
The Wilderness System Tsunami brand ensures that it maintains comfort in every aspect of the kayak.
Functions of features
- The foot brace system offers a comfortable and stable foot position.
- The two sealed hatches keep users gear dry and safe.
- Phase 3 AirPro seat provides users with great comfort and full adjustability.
- The bottle holder positioned under the deck is for your easy access.
- The soft handles at the bow and stern is to make transportation easier.
- It has two included mesh deck bags that can be easily installed. It is suitable for small items
- The kayak has raised edges around the cockpit. They repel water and make it easy to install a spray skirt.
- The sealed stern bulkhead keeps things in the hatch dry
- Bungee deck rigging at the bow and stern is customizable
- A skid plate is for the protection of the hull when dragging
- Rudder-ready stern design for easy rudder installation
Wilderness Systems Tsunami 145
If you think that the Wilderness Systems Tsunami was awesome, the 145 will impress you with its amazing features.
Wilderness Systems Tsunami 145 Kayak Specs
Length: 14 ft 6 in
Width: 25.5 in
Weight: 56 lbs
Paddler Weight: 180-245 lbs
Capacity: 350 lbs
It comes with a functional aesthetic and capacities that make Wilderness Systems Tsunami 145 to be a popular model.
In the years since Wilderness Systems 145 was introduced it has experienced different make-over to meet the demand of the modern kayakers.
A 14-foot recreational kayak
The Tsunami 145 is the largest of the three updated sizes. The model is proportioned to afford larger kayakers great stability and a comfortable fit without sacrificing your touring efficiency.
- Great capacity
- Comfortable for longer trips
- Well designed
- Plenty of storage
- Transportation is not so easy
|Best Use||Flatwater Kayaking|
|Length||14 ft. 6 in.|
|Cockpit Size||35 x 19.5 inches|
|Seat Type||Padded / Foam|
|Number of Paddlers||1-person|
|Hatch Capacity||(Bow) 4,706 / (stern) 4,316 / (day) 2,290 cubic inches|
|Weight Capacity (lbs)||350 pounds|
Wilderness Systems Tsunami 145 Size, Weight, Capacity
Tsunami 145 is 14’6″ (442 cm) in length and 25.5” (65 cm) in wide. It is easy to transport and stable when on meandering stretches of the river.
The kayak considers the shorter length and maintains speed well. As a result, you don’t have to paddle hard.
It weighs at 56 lbs (25 kg), and is potentially heavy to be loaded onto your car single-handedly.
However, they can balance well when you put it on your shoulder and move it around. It has a capacity of 350 lbs (159 kg).
- The kayak is slightly larger with a spacious cockpit, and well suited to large paddlers
- Hull is designed with high-density polyethylene, which makes it easy to use and durable
- Professionals and novice will enjoy the responsive performance of the Tsunami’s hybrid hull shape. The kayak is designed to track smoothly during long trips
- The multichined, V-shaped hull maintains a nuanced balance. It combines great stability with excellent tracking
- The foot-pedal-controlled rudder system and the cockpit deployment controls helps you steer and track effectively
- The Phase 3 Air Pro Tour seat provides intuitive adjustments and excellent comfort.
- The mesh can stretched over contoured foam forms a perforated pad; large holes enhance airflow, and small holes enhance support for sit bones and lower back
- The rear bungee cords lock seat back forward during transport
The Wilderness System 145 is great for light-touring and affordable with great performance.
The kayak has the ability to handle multiple water conditions from flat water to light chop putting that ambitious near-coastal day and overnight trips within reach.
With the number of kayaks on the market, many first-time buyers often struggle to make a purchase. Hence, people who want to select some of the best models think of this brand.
Whether you want Wilderness Systems Tsunami 125 or 145, you should consider what you want to do with these boats.
Also, consider your legs and the cockpit space before you decide on the model to buy. Finally, the numerous areas we have listed can help you learn more about these kayaks.