If you are interested in boating and fishing but are a complete amateur and do not want to invest in a huge boat, you can definitely go for a small kayak that fits all your needs.
Kayaks are extremely suitable for boating in lakes as well as rivers where there are turbulent waters and are light enough to transport from one place to another.
So if you are an amateur who wants to try watersports or boating, then you should definitely check out the Lifetime Tamarack Angler 100 Fishing Kayak.
Table of Contents
Lifetime Tamarack Angler 100 Fishing Kayak
- Constructed of uv-protected high-density Polyethylene. Multiple footrest positions for different size riders. Stable flat bottom
- Adjustable padded seat back and seat pad for comfort. Two flush mounted fishing rod holders. One top mount fishing rod Holder
- Front and rear shock cord straps. Two 6" storage compartments in rear and center. One paddlekeeper, one adult black paddle
- Front and rear t-handles for easy transport. Deep hull tracking channels
- Stability chine rails. Durable high-density Polyethylene (HDPE) construction
The Lifetime Tamarack Angler 100 Fishing Kayak can hold only one person at a time in it.
This kayak is pretty sturdy and is made of UV-protected high-density Polyethylene, which not only makes it sturdy but also gives the kayak a good feel and look to it.
So if you want to take it on a river with a lot of rocks and rough surfaces, this kayak can endure the terrain, without any damage, keeping the user safe.
Further, this kayak is quite compatible with the needs of the user, such as fishing while boating, as it comes with two flush-mounted fishing rod holders, which hold the fishing rods in position while one boat freely.
This, along with other features such as adjustable seats and sufficient foot space in the kayak, makes this a decent purchase for first-time boaters or for people who do not intend to boat regularly.
- The kayak is pretty lightweight, which makes it extremely portable and quick on the water.
- The kayak is comfortable as it has a good footrest and adjustable seats, which can be used according to the needs of the user.
- The kayak is compatible with the needs of the user as it has fishing rod holders and shock cord straps to hold and store your fishing gear.
- The kayak is pretty sturdy and stable in all kinds of water.
- This kayak is made for just one person and does not even have additional space for a dog in it.
- The kayak comes in plastic covers; thus, its packaging was not the best and can be susceptible to damages.
- The seat of the kayak is not really comfortable, and its material feels cheap.
- For a one-person kayak, the price of it is quite steep as compared to its competitors.
Features and Benefits
1. Built and Design
The Lifetime Tamarack Angler 100 Fishing Kayak is made of UV-protected high-density Polyethylene, which makes it sturdy, rough to withstand turbulent waters, and a few gushes from rough surfaces.
So one can definitely take it for boating and fishing in the river and in turbulent waters. It also comes with sufficient footrest for tall people to spread their legs comfortably while boating or fishing.
The color and design of the Lifetime Tamarack Angler 100 Fishing Kayak are slightly dull to look at, and the adjustable seats are not of the best quality.
But the kayak is pretty light and is quite fast in the water, which makes it convenient to transport and use.
If one has a good balance, they can even stand up on the kayak, as it has a good enough structure and support to not tilt over.
But one should make sure not to try this in turbulent waters as it can get risky.
The Lifetime Tamarack Angler 100 Fishing Kayak is extremely compatible with the needs of its users as it comes with fishing rod holders, two 6″ storage compartments in the rear and center, and front and rear shock cord straps, which provides sufficient space to store and handle the fishing gear and rods that the user will require while boating and fishing.
This kayak also comes with adjustable seats to adjust it according to the height and needs of the user. This product is also compatible with different upgrades and attachments such as different cushions for the seat and paint job on the boat to make it more attractive as per the needs of the user.
3. Usage and Comfort
In terms of usage and comfort, the Lifetime Tamarack Angler 100 Fishing Kayak is proving out to be pretty good.
Since this kayak is super lightweight, the user can easily transport it from one place to another, making it quite portable.
The kayak also performs quite well in turbulent waters or a river with rough surfaces and ensures safety to its user.
In terms of comfort, the fishing rod holders and the excess storage space provided in the front and back provide sufficient room for storage and increases the comfort level, but the adjustable seat is not the greatest and feels cheap as well as quite weak to sit on.
In terms of overall comfort and usage, this kayak is great for a single person and his boating and fishing needs.
In terms of price, the Lifetime Tamarack Angler 100 Fishing Kayak is not the best in the market.
One should keep in mind that this is a single person kayak, and even though it comes with fantastic features and is quite compatible, the kayak is still on the expensive side as compared to some other options on the market.
Things to Consider Before Buying
There are a few things that you need to think through and consider before buying a kayak, which will be important for its future usage.
One needs to consider-
- How many people can that particular kayak support? If it is needed for a big family, one should go for a bigger kayak or a proper boat.
- How compatible is it to your needs? If your needs are fishing and boating alone, then the Lifetime Tamarack Angler 100 Fishing Kayak is good enough for it.
- Check if the built of the kayak can support the waterbody you are using it in.
- The price of the kayak as compared to its competitors in the market and for the features that it includes.
Before going ahead and purchasing the Lifetime Tamarack Angler 100 Fishing Kayak, one should look at certain other options or alternatives that are available in the market to make an informed decision.
1. The Intex Challenger Kayak Series
The Intex challenger Kayak series is also a single person kayak but is much cheaper as compared to the Lifetime Tamarack Angler fishing Kayak.
The major differences between these two Kayaks are that the Intex challenger series kayak is not made for fishing purposes and does not have a fishing rod holder or additional space in the front or the back for storage.
It, however, does have a cargo net for storing extra gear.
2. Bestway H2OGO! HydroForce Inflatable Raft
There is also the Bestway H2OGO! HydroForce Inflatable Raft which comes with oars, a pump and is one of the cheapest kayaks on the market.
This Kayak is much cheaper than the Lifetime fishing Kayak, but where this product makes up in price, it loses in quality as it does not have fishing rod holders, excess space, and is made with cheaper, less expensive material which can get damaged while boating.
3. Intex Explorer K2 Kayak
The Intex Explorer Kayak is a two-person inflatable kayak and has certain other differences as compared to the Lifetime fishing Kayak.
This kayak does not have fishing rod holders or additional storage space, but one can also store their gear in the additional seat while boating.
Being an inflatable kayak, it is quite portable, but it also makes it more susceptible to damage on water.
My Bottom Line
The bottom line is that the Lifetime Tamarack Angler 100 Fishing Kayak is a great product for first-time boaters who want to give boating and fishing a shot but don’t want to invest very heavily on a huge fishing boat.
The kayak is pretty sturdy and has sufficient storage space for storing the boating and fishing gear, which becomes quite useful for the users.
Thus it is a decent product to purchase, considering all the features it provides as compared to some of its competitors.