Last Updated on July 15th, 2021
It is a common misconception that for boating, fishing, and other related activities, one needs a big sturdy boat. This is not the case, as one can easily satisfy their boating and fishing needs by taking an inflatable boat or a kayak, which is lighter and much cheaper.
Furthermore, kayaks are easier to row in water and can also be used for adventure sports, thus making it multipurpose.
So if you are looking for a kayak that takes care of all your fishing and boating, then you should definitely check out the Lifetime Two Person Tandem Fishing Kayak, which is suited for all your basic on-water needs and comes at a really competitive price range.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Lifetime Two Person Tandem Fishing Kayak
- Features and Benefits
- Things to Consider Before Buying a Kayak
Lifetime Two Person Tandem Fishing Kayak
- Versatile Design Allows for Solo or Tandem Paddling
- 10-Foot Compact Length for Easy Transport and Storage
- 3 Fishing Rod Holders and Rear Storage Hatch
- Stable Hull Design with a Weight Capacity of 500 lb.
- 5-Year Limited Warranty
The Lifetime Two Person Tandem Fishing Kayak is 10 feet in length and is quite versatile in its use as it can be used by a person traveling solo, with a single paddle or with a person traveling tandem.
There’s enough space to even fit a third passenger, who is smaller, in the seating area, thus making it a perfect kayak for family boating trips. One can go for boating trips with their significant other and their child or even place their dog in the smaller third seat, making it extremely compatible with families and helping them enjoy leisure time.
Further, the boat has a weight capacity of 500 lbs, thus making it extremely difficult to tip over and safe for the passengers inside.
It also has:
- 2 kayak paddles for rowing it,
- 2 adjustable padded backrests,
- and 3 flush-mounted fishing rod holders
adding further convenience to the fishing trips.
The kayak comes with additional storage under the deck that can be accessed via the 6’’ hatch. It is also compatible with the Lifetime Power Mate Kayak Mount Kit, that gives you access to most trolling motors, as it allows you to attach any trolling motor to your kayak.
All of these great features are available with a light transportable body and an elegant design, which gives the kayak a great look. Further, the Lifetime Two Person Tandem Fishing Kayak is also extremely sturdy and can take turbulent waters with ease. Thus, making it fit for watersports too.
- It comes with two padded adjustable backrests, which can be moved to any of the three seats, thus increasing the comfort and compatibility of the kayak.
- This kayak also consists of three flush-mounted fishing rod holders, which make holding fishing rods extremely convenient and thus enhance your fishing experience.
- The kayak has sufficient space for two people and a small person, like a kid or a dog, and has sufficient deck space for storage.
- Additionally, it comes with a 5-year limited warranty, which provides great assurance to people.
- The kayak is quite heavy and does need a carrier to take it to the lake.
- The seating of the kayak is not that comfortable, especially for really tall people.
- It requires a lot of effort to row due to its weight and is quite slow.
Features and Benefits
The Lifetime Two Person Tandem Fishing Kayak is pretty stable even on turbulent waters and can take up to 500lbs of weight, thus keeping the passengers safe. A couple with a dog or a kid can comfortably travel in the kayak as it can take a sufficient weight load (500lbs) and has three seats, two full-size, and one small, to accommodate a small family.
Thus, overall this kayak is a pretty sturdy and well-balanced option for all the boating and fishing uses, and it performs extremely well in water.
Built and Design
The built and design of the Lifetime Two Person Tandem Fishing Kayak is pretty sturdy and elegant, giving it a nice and sporty look. Since it can hold up to 500 lbs, two people can easily use the kayak with comfort for their boating and fishing activities, without the kayak tumbling over.
Further, the kayak can perform well even in turbulent waters and can even take a few hits and survive. Thus overall, it is a pretty sturdy and safe product to put your trust in it and use it for fishing and boating purposes.
This kayak is pretty comfortable and compatible to use. One can fit up to three people in the kayak and it still gives sufficient space with an additional deck for storage; thus, people can store their fishing gear or the fish they caught in the deck and make efficient use of the kayak. The kayak also comes with adjustable backrests, which adds to the comfort of the kayak.
Further, the kayak also comes with fishing rod holders, which makes it easier to fish sitting in it, since kayaks are small and do not have much space to move around. Thus Lifetime Two Person Tandem Fishing Kayak makes the entire experience quite comfortable and convenient for the users. One downside to the excess space is that the kayak becomes quite heavy and becomes difficult to transport.
Things to Consider Before Buying a Kayak
One needs to consider certain important things before investing in a kayak:
- For what purpose are they buying the kayak?
- How many people are going to use the kayak?
- What is their price range?
- What material are they comfortable with?
These certain conditions should be asked before purchasing a kayak, as one should only invest in it if it fulfills their needs.
There are several boats and kayak alternatives that are available in the market which need to be looked into before actually making the decision of purchasing one.
1. Intex Explorer K2 Kayak, 2-Person Inflatable Kayak Set
This kayak is an inflatable one, which can be used for smaller water bodies and for less rigorous boating activities. This kayak is cheaper but less sturdy and has lesser features as compared to the Lifetime Two Person Tandem Fishing Kayak.
2. Intex Excursion Inflatable Boat Series
Then there is also the Intex Excursion Inflatable Boat Series, which is quite light to transport but not as sturdy in its built. This kayak is also more susceptible to damage as compared to the Lifetime Kayak, which can take more load and also has storage space for it.
3. Intex Mariner Inflatable Boat Set Series
This inflatable kayak provides additional seating to it and is more spacious to sit in, but still is more susceptible to turning over and damages and does not have sufficient storage space in it.
If one has a small family with a kid or a dog and wants to go on boating trips with them, the Lifetime Two Person Tandem Fishing Kayak is a pretty good option at hand. This kayak is extremely sturdy, thus accords good protection to your family and also has sufficient storage space for your stuff. Thus overall, it is a pretty good kayak to purchase, considering its features and its price.